Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

I have thought a lot about what my first food post would be since it really needs to make an impression and I though to myself what is better than chocolate and peanut butter? Nothing!! So I decided to post my award winning chocolate peanut butter pie.  Ok, so it only won a church pie contest but everyone has to start somewhere! It really is delicious and it can easily be made with less calories if you so desire. A few notes...This recipe is a combination of two i found online but can't seem to find the pages again. I will keep looking so I don't steal anyone's ideas! I used both an Oreo and chocolate graham cracker crust.  I liked the Oreo better but my husband preferred the chocolate graham because to him it didn't overpower the pie like the Oreo. For the pie in the picture I used the chocolate shell stuff instead of cutting up the Reese's because I ate more of them than I thought and didn't have enough left to make it pretty. :)




Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1.5 cups peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
16 oz whipped topping, thawed
2 (9in) graham cracker or Oreo Crust
1 (5.85 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1.5 cups cold milk
4 peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2 inch pieces

Directions:
1. Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla.  Beat until smooth. 
Fold in 1/3 the whipped topping.  Pour half of the peanut butter mixture into each crust.
2. In a second bowl, stir pudding mix with the milk until thick.  Immediately stir in 1/2 of the 
remaining whipped topping. Spread mixture over the peanut butter layer in each crust.
3. Scatter peanut butter cups over the top of the pie.  Cover and freeze until firm.  Allow pie to thaw 
for 30 minutes and top with dollop of whipped cream before serving.

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment