Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Chocolate Bread


I say it all the time...my child is a genious and this time he came up with the BEST idea! My boss requested peanut butter banana stuffed french toast and I was trying to figure out how to make it a little different because that is what I do. I had been talking to little man about it and he said, "mom, you need chocolate bread." Why didn't I think of that?! I looked at several recipes and finally found one that I thought would work. This chocolate bread slices great and is very versatile! It isn't overly chocolate-y so is great by itself or even with peanut butter and jelly and because it is lower in carbs than normal bread you don't even have to feel so guilty about it!! I would even let me little man take it to school 😁 If it lasts until the morning I might even try it as French toast!
Recipe with minor modifications from https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/keto-chocolate-bread-recipe/

Lower Carbed Chocolate Bread
6 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup whey protein powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Whisk sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, about 1 min.
Add butter to egg mixture.
Combine dry ingredient with wet ingredients.

Pour into 9x6 in loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 min.
Allow bread to cool completely before slicing.

A few notes about modifications:
-To make it even lower carbed you can use your favorite sugar substitute in place of regular sugar. Make sure you pay attention to ratios - some sugar alternative, such as allulose (which is my favorite) are not as sweet as sugar so you might have to use more or a combination of two to get your desired sweetness.
-I used unflavored whey protein but you can certainly use any flavor you want or omit it all together and use more almond flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment