Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

For the past few years I have been using Alton Brown's chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe.html) because it was our favorite. For some reason I decided to try a different recipe and with a few tweaks (thanks to Alton for teaching me how to alter cookie recipe for preferences) it has become our new favorite!

Chocolate chip cookies


1 C unsalted butter
1 ¼  C white sugar
¾ C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 ½ C bread flour
¾ c oats
⅓ C shredded unsweetened coconut, ground to coarse powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips


Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time mixing well in between. Add vanilla.
Slowly add dry ingredients until well combined.
Scoop by tablespoon full onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 325-350 degrees for 10 minutes.


Notes:
These freeze well once scooped into balls if you make a big batch like I do!
You can substitute 2 C all purpose flour plus 1 C ground oats for bread flour and oats above
You don't have to grind up the coconut. I do because I don't like it in my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment