Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Flat cookies

Sometimes I don't make sure I have all the ingredients together before I start making something. That was the case today! I started making chocolate chip cookies and realized I did not have enough AP flour or even bread flour. The recipe calls for ground oats so I just increased that a little and hoped for the best. It didn't work. Somehow I got the idea to try a smaller scoop and to my surprise I ended up with beautiful cookies! They are more the size of chippers from Paradise Bakery, but who cares about the size as long as they taste good?

****Cookie Tip****

If your cookies are too flat for your liking try scooping them smaller!



For the cookie on the left I used a cookie scoop about 1 5/8 inches in diameter. For the cookie on the right I used a cookie scoop about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. These came from the same batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment