Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Using Pureed Vegetables

I really need to go shopping! I am so bad about keeping vegetables in the house lately because as soon as I have some I make it into baby food.  I am still working on shopping for 3 people since the baby started eating real food a few months ago. Luckily I have found a few recipes that work great with pureed veggies!

Our favorite is Rachel Ray's butternut squash mac n cheese recipe which you can find here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese-recipe.html

Another one I have used is mashed potatoes. Now that may seem like a cop out, but they aren't plain mashed potatoes.  I make as I normally would and then add a few cubes of thawed parsnip puree which gives the potatoes a peppery kick.

A few weeks ago I made potato & leek soup and added a few cubes of pureed broccoli instead of the fresh broccoli I would normally use.

I also recently found a recipe for and made a delicious butternut squash risotto, but of course now I can't find it!!  I will continue to search and will post it as soon as I find the one I made.  Until then you will have to search for one that sounds good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment