Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta

I was looking for something I could make that was easy and didn't use too many dishes...I don't know about you but I am so tired of cleaning right now! I always feel like I am a non-stop cleaning machine around the holidays because you never know who is going to stop by and when! Anyway, I looked back at my pinterest board and found a recipe for one pot tomato basil pasta.  Here is the link: http://www.yankeekitchenninja.com/2014/06/one-pot-tomato-basil-pasta.html

I made it as is and thought it was a little bland so here are my changes:

One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 13.25-ounce box linguine
1 can diced tomatoes, drained ( I use no salt added tomatoes)
handful of basil, chopped
handful of parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons salt (not needed if using chicken broth/cubes that have salt included)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
5 cups chicken broth
parmesan cheese for serving

Directions:
Heat oil in a large pot and then saute the onions and garlic. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to submerge the pasta as it softens. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring and tossing continually (tongs are great for this) for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is cooked. Serve immediately topped with parmesan cheese. 


TIP
The ration of fresh to dry herbs is 3:1.  This means for every Tablespoon of fresh herbs you would use 1 teaspoon of dried to substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment